Monday, July 18, 2011

How to Survive 'merka...



From London I flew home. It was sad, but at the same time it's been very cool. The return has of course been eased thanks to the people here who make my life awesome.



Anne Marie and I went wandering. We stumbled across some kind of festival, shopped for books, and took pictures in some random abandoned train cars.


Nothing like a pool when it's going to be 103 on Friday...


Then we welcomed Kassi back from Greece! Good times :-)


Celtic Fling anybody? Yes please.


Or perhaps the Stemapunk World's Fair with my best friend ever Cassie?

Even doing work can be fun. Does your workplace have an insane dog like this? Didn't think so. Bastard jumped out of a car the other day, while it was moving!! How insane is that?!

Alas, it seems the focus of this blog must shift.

Sometimes one must just face the facts. I'm no longer in Japan, and my traveling for the forseeable future will be somewhat limited. It shall be painful, but the next year will have me tied down rather thoroughly in central Pennsylvania.

I dream though, and not small. I spend hours upon hours combing the internet for fascinating places to go and cool things to do. I find doing this fascinating, so I thought "If I can't go places, perhaps I can bring some of the vicarious wonder in a distilled form to others". So I am somewhat excited to turn my little hobby of planning fantastic things out on a map (no I seriously have a push-pin map) into an educational and interesting experience for all. Look forward to this new distilled and humorous format in a regular form in the future. I hope it will be a positive move. Please for the love of god leave your feedback once it gets going so I can make this good.

Leave comments and suggestions in the comments.

Stay stoked,
DeLue

1 comment:

  1. On one stage there were The Gothard Sisters, mesmerizing and dancing up a storm. And right next to them was Alabannach. I can't remember you ever being so conflicted.

    ReplyDelete