Monday, July 18, 2011

London Calling

Next stop London! I wandered onto the Eurostar, stumbled through the London Underground, kinda had a map (kinda) and found my way to my hostel. It was really nice with European sockets (because I was going to buy ANOTHER converter for my laptop), breakfast and wifi. Very comfy. Additionally I got to speak Spanish for the first time since Ise with these cute girls from Madrid.

This wasn't really a problem, but I will say the best motivation you could possibly have for learning and practicing a language is a cute girl who only speaks the target language. I was still trying to translate everything I thought into Spanish 4 days after I landed back in the states.

I don't have much to comment on, as I was cheap and basically just wandered around and saw the sights alone the whole time. I'll just let the pics speak for themselves, or I'll try to. God knows I can't keep my mouth shut though.


The eye at night.


Good vantage point for the changing of the guard. Not really all it's cracked up to be if you ask me, but still interesting. Glad I went.

The band was good though.


I have a thing for waving flag photos. This isn't a nationalism thing, I just like the symbolism 'n shit.




This was humorous. I'm so gullible I actually immediately thought "Why the hell does Texas have their own embassy?" until I saw the "bar & grill" sign.


Changing of the horse guard.

I actually spent a lot of time in museums in London! I went to the National Gallery, the British Museum and the Tate Modern. I'll hold off on that stuff though, as I want to include them in other things I'm thinking about at the moment for the future of this blog. From the Tate Modern I got on the underground and headed out to Heathrow. I was bidding Europe fairwell for now. I hope to be back and see plenty more. I've made so many friends in so many places that I honestly cannot wait for the next chance to go anywhere at any time for any reason.

For now my travels will be restrained to America, and heavily so at that. I'll likely be back in NYC for a weekend sometime soon, seeing as I have awesome relatives there and I have a sojourn about the Northeast with some Japanese friends planned for autumn break. Now that you're all caught up I'll just have one quick post on how I've been surviving the return home and then we'll move on to some new experimentation for this wandering-focused blog. More on that later. For now, I bid you all adieu.

Have knowledge, will travel.

Stay stoked,
DeLue

No comments:

Post a Comment